Position: Project Editor
Type of Vacancy: 1-year contract
Starting Month: April 2020
Gill Education, Ireland’s leading publisher of educational and trade titles, is seeking a Project Editor for its demanding education department. The successful candidate will be an experienced project editor, with the ability to manage and monitor complex projects from an early stage through to publication.
- Assist the commissioning editors before the writing begins: arranging/attending author meetings, taking/distributing notes, compiling schedules, monitoring progress, etc.
- Prepare and administer developmental reviews and analyses, and check that the authors have met the agreed recommendations of reviewers.
- Ensure files are supplied on time and to specification.
- Assist the commissioning editors in briefing editorial, production, marketing, sales and digital team members.
- Commission and manage the project team.
- Maintain accurate schedules from initial submission through to print-ready files.
- Monitor all aspects of the editorial and production process and enforce consistent standards throughout.
- Ensure good communication between all members of the project team.
- Carry out critical editorial checks before final output to print/online platform.
- Support the commissioning editors on any other tasks required to ensure the projects are/remain in line with market needs and run on time and to budget.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to coordinate various elements required to deliver projects.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage time efficiently.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility and conscientiousness.
- Decision-making and initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Third-level qualification.
- 2–3 years’ experience as a project editor.
- Experience managing a team would be desirable.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Apply with CV and covering letter by Monday, 03 February 2020 to Deborah Marsh (firstname.lastname@example.org), Executive Assistant & HR Administrator, Gill Education, Hume Avenue, Park West, Dublin 12.