REGISTER

MY ACCOUNT

HELP

CART

Gill Books - Reading Matters
HOME
BOOKSHOP
BLOG

BLOG

ALL CATEGORIES
BEHIND THE SCENES
BOOK LAUNCHES
COMPETITIONS
EVENTS
FOOD
HEALTH
JOB FAIRY
MEET THE AUTHORS
NEWS
SIGNING TOURS

Dr Eva Orsmond: Motivate Yourself, Commit to 10lb Diet and Really Go For It!


04-06-2014 12:00

Diet is the foundation of good health. Dr Eva Orsmond knows what a difference 4.5kg (10lb) does for her patients, and she shares her 10lb Diet in her new book. Maybe if you are very overweight, you think that 10lb won’t make a difference. If you have a lot of weight to lose, then losing the first 10lb will teach you how to have a healthier lifestyle. What is more, losing 10lb now will give you all the motivation you need to lose even more weight in the future.

Maybe you are not very overweight – but this can be very hard to judge nowadays. Unfortunately, many people underestimate the amount of weight they are actually carrying. Overweight is the new normal!But even if you do not have much weight to lose, the 10lb Diet will help you to ‘clean up your act’. My patients say to me all the time that losing 10lb really does make a difference. If you lose 10lb, there are many things you can look forward to.

The 10lb Diet is about making simple commitment that will create huge gains for your health, looks and wellbeing. The next step is motivation: thinking about where you want to be! Motivation is all about clear goals – and 10lb is a very clear goal.

Once you set this goal for yourself, you can decide whether it is something you will do by yourself or with a partner or friend.


I believe that the reason many people postpone their goals is seldom down to laziness, but rather the fear of not succeeding. Don’t let this happen to you! Set a clear goal, commit to 10lb and really go for it.

It helps if you have a clear plan. Try to visualise your goal. What do you want at the end of the process? Do you want to be a size 12 again? Do you want to reduce the effects of your diabetes? Do you want a six-pack? Whatever it is, write it down on paper and be descriptive! This will be your motivation to keep going if things get tough. You must remember where it is you want to go!


COMMIT TO THE RULES

There are certain lifestyle rules that should always apply, whether you choose the Fast Plan or the Slow Plan from the 10lb Diet book. I like the number 13: for me, this is a list to live by!

1 Sleep well

2 Eat regularly
3 Plan your meals
4 When you are eating, focus on eating
5 Be active every day
6 Eat protein with every meal
7 Eat fruit or vegetables with every meal
8 Get your daily intake of unsaturated fats
9 Drink 2 litres of liquids every day
10 Eat real, unprocessed food
11 Consume fish oil, magnesium and vitamin D3 every day
12 Don’t forget the final touch: make an effort with your hair, clothes and makeup
13 Follow these rules 80% of the time – and forgive yourself for the other 20%.


Dr Eva Orsmond, MD MPH is a medical doctor with a special interest in weight management and the treatment of overweight and obesity in adults and children. She has appeared for a number of years on RTÉ’s hugely popular Operation Transformation. Her first book, The Last Diet, was a No.1 bestseller. She is a regular contributor to a number of publications, including the Irish Daily Mail. She lives in Wicklow with her husband, two sons and three dogs.

Dr Eva Orsmond’s best-selling ’10lb Diet. A Fast Plan, A Slow Plan. A New You’ is now available nationwide and from our Online Shop (20% off!).



Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn
Comment on this article

AUTUMN-WINTER 2017 CATALOGUE OF NEW BOOKS NOW AVAILABLE!

A BOOK FOR EVERYONE

LATEST BLOG POST

In this new biography, De Valera Rise 1882 - 1932, historian and broadcaster David McCullagh charts De Valera’s vertiginous rise from humble beginnings to electoral victory with Fianna Fáil in 1932. It was officially launched in the N... Read More >

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER


© 2017 M.H. Gill & Co. Unlimited Company